- June 16, 2017
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Excel Next Blog
Advanced Excel Online Training course
Our courses include Advanced Excel, Excel Dashboard, PowerPoint Ninja, VBA Macros etc. If you wish to start learning now, explore our Advanced Excel online program. Connect to us at + 91 8080042453
Point to choose the right Advanced Excel Online Training course
- Content is king!
- Know the Trainer before you commit your time to his videos
- Query resolving support
- 30-days money back policy. No questions asked.
#1: Content is king!
All the online courses will claim to teach all topics. But do they actually? I will give you three examples on how to judge the course curriculum of any Advanced Excel course. Enquire if the online course has the following:
Example 1 – ARRAY FORMULAS.
- Array formulas are one of the most powerful data analysis tricks that Excel has. It is like creating your own formula from thin air. I sometimes refer them as “synthetic” formulas. They get activated through the special shortcut combination of “Ctrl + Shift + Enter”.
- Excel version 2013 and below do not have formulas such as MINIFS and MAXIFS.
- Even Excel version 2016 can’t help you with data analytics functions such as SMALLIFS, LARGEIFS, STDEVIFS etc. – they don’t exist. Period.
Example 2 – DEPTH OF LOOKUP FORMULAS.
- The top five lookup formulas which are MUST-KNOW for an above average Excel user are VLOOKUP, MATCH, INDEX, SUMIFS, and COUNTIFS. Add the power of IF and INDIRECT functions, and they become “Super” formulas.
- A good Advanced Excel course will teach you topics such as a two-dimension lookup using VLOOKUP and MATCH, reverse lookup using INDEX and MATCH. However, the BEST course will also teach you how to apply three dimension lookup using VLOOKUP, MATCH, and INDIRECT.
- Does your course teach you how to write COUNTIFS function to calculate a running count in a list of duplicate values?
- Does your course teach you how to write SUMIFS function to calculate a running cumulative sum in a list of duplicate values?
- Beyond these, there is a formula called OFFSET. It allows you make the range dynamic and is often used with MATCH. Does your course even mention it?
Example 3 – COMBINING SIMPLE TRICKS TO MAKE A DEADLY ONE:
- A lot of online courses teach you the basics of “Go To (Special)” technique. Did you know you can add the shortcut key of “Ctrl + Enter” to help do manual tasks in seconds?
- Does your course even mentions the MOST POWERFUL data cleaning trick as released in Excel version 2013 – FlashFill?
- How can you round down a number to the nearest dozen (12)? Do you know how to remove asterisk (*) from a data set using “Find and Replace”? Does your course show you how to combine “Consolidate” and “Text to Columns” technique to perform a 3-dimension data consolidation?
- “Data Tables” technique of “What if Analysis” section by nature can display one variable as an output. Did you know you can use the INDIRECT function to make it multi-variable output table?
- Does your course have tricks such as formula based conditional formatting, generating 1000+ worksheet report in under a minute using Pivot Table and many such tricks?
“The key takeaway is that you make an informed decision.”
#2: Know the Trainer before you commit your time to his videos!
Online courses are generally created by:
- Voiceover artists who read scripted text, or
- Excel users who haven’t taken any notable LIVE classroom session, or
- Excel Trainers with poor communication skills
You will be spending so many hours in learning from the video lessons. It’s important that you choose your mentor-trainer carefully.
A voice over artist cannot do full justice to the topics discussed as he simply reading the text script. He doesn’t know the importance and context of any topic.
Getting trained from trainers who have taught ONLY through online videos will be limited in scope. If a Trainer has taught thousands of professionals in LIVE classroom training sessions, he/she gains the experience to anticipate the common FAQs and bottleneck areas of learning. This experience reflects in his online videos.
Above all, the voice and communication skills should be engaging and not “preachy” or boring.
“I am a Chartered Accountant. I have worked with KPMG and J.P. Morgan. I have trained 5,000+ professionals of Pricewaterhouse Coopers (India) alone. You can guess the numbers for other Corporates, where I have held LIVE training sessions since 2010.”
#3: Query resolving support.
Buying an online course and starting to learning from it is one step. Equally, important step is to get queries resolved.
My team helps you with that. Email at hello [at] yodalearning [dot] com to get help on solving our queries.
#4: 30-days money back policy. No questions asked.
I keep my life simple. If my course doesn’t add value to your learning, please ask me for a refund within 30 calendar days of subscribing to the course.
No hidden conditions. No questions asked.
By now, you are trying to guess the course price. Call us at + 91 8080042453 or fill up the Enquiry Form.
To get in touch,
call us at + 91 80800 42453 or email us at hello [at] yodalearning [dot] com or fill up the Enquiry form.