- March 29, 2017
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Excel Next Blog
We have conducted training sessions for thousands of Finance and Accounts Professionals. Also, we have conducted such Excel Traning programs at New Delhi, Gurgaon, Mumbai, Bangalore, Chennai, Pune, Lucknow, Kolkata etc. We have collected the feedback from our Excel Trainers. Following is the summary that can help you plan a training program for your company.
Amongst many areas, Accountants deal with the following computations:
- Depreciation of Fixed Assets
- Debtor’s Aging Report
- Reconciliation Statement of Accounts Payable and Receivables
- Accounts Consolidation
- MIS Reports in a pre-decided format
- Stock Valuation
- Cost Allocation
All of the above is calculated or re-calculated in Microsoft Excel. If the working professionals learn the the following specific tricks in Excel, their working will improve dramatically:
1. VLOOKUP (with TRUE and FALSE), INDEX, MATCH – They help pulling values from different tables and help bring data points under one table
2. SUMIFS, COUNTIFS – Using these with dates, numbers and multiple criteria along with right use of cell referencing ($) can help summarize crucial data as per the MIS report requirement
3. PIVOT TABLE – Data files download from ERP applications such as SAP, Oracle etc. are columnar. Pivot Table can draw critical insights in less than a minute
4. TEXT-TO-COLUMNS – It is a data cleaning technique. It is used to split text into multiple cells. It is also used to correct the date formats. E.g. 22.10.2009
5. IF, AND, OR – These functions help build decision driving logics.
6. EDATE, TEXT, DAY, MONTH, YEAR – The date functions help compute due dates, date differences, year, month and day name.
7. FILTER and SUBTOTAL – This is the most fundamental Excel technique for all basic analysis.