What is Advanced Excel “Ninja”?
Advanced Excel training participants across Mumbai, Kolkata, Bangalore, New Delhi, Gurgaon, Chennai, Hyderabad, Pune etc. ask us – What is “Advanced Excel Ninja”?
This is what we have to say:
For an experienced professional, it’s easier to work with different techniques and formulas of Excel in a “standalone” mode. E.g. Just VLookup() formula or Consolidate technique.
However, you will be able to extract the Ninja-level power from the different formulas and techniques, if you can nest different formulas together and combine various techniques. E.g. VLookup() + Match() with Indirect() and range naming will allow you to build a 3 dimensional lookup with Ninja-level data pull-up power.
With the aim of equipping with this Ninja-level power, we have developed 2-day workshop, which has been conducted at prestigious companies, including PwC, EY, ITC, Tata Power, Tata Sky, Birla Corporation etc.
Initiate learning in your organisation today – No budget needed
Your organisation team members can start learning Excel (Basic to Intermediate-level) from our free videos (50+) at our partner website – Yoda Learning Solutions – Click Here
You can continue to learn super tips-n-tricks at our Youtube page. Click Here
2-day workshop Curriculum
Following is the tentative list of topics covered in the 2-day workshop (can be customised):
- Essential shortcuts
- Absolute & Relative referencing ($)
- ROUND() – for ANY nearest multiple no.
- Working with Dates – Concept, Correction techniques
- Date formulas: TEXT(), EOMONTH(), EDATE(), DATE()
Data Lookup & Calculations
- VLOOKUP() – a practical perspective
- VLOOKUP() w. TRUE – When & Why?
- VLOOKUP() with MATCH() – 2-D lookup
- INDIRECT() + Range Naming for 3-D lookup
- INDEX() and 2 MATCH() – reverse lookup
- SUMIFS() – for multiple criteria based sum, differential cumulative running total
- COUNTIFS() – for conditional counting, instance no.
Pivot Table for multi-variable analysis
- Computations %, Sum, Average, Count
- Grouping (Clustering)
- Generating multiple reports
- IF(), Nested IFs, AND(), OR()
- Combo Logics; IFERROR()
MIS reporting & Dashboard Techniques
- Automatic row-wise Subtotal
- Activate-Deactivate Gridlines
- Data Validation (list)
- Cell-Range Naming
Data Cleaning – I
- LEFT(), RIGHT(), MID(); LEN()
- TRIM(), VALUE(), SUBSTITUTE()
- Using & (ampersand) to join cells’ data – Concatenate
Data Cleaning – II
- Find & Replace (using wildcard character – Asterisk * )
- Go To (Special) with Ctrl+Enter
- Text-to-Columns (Advanced)
Macros – Application
- Developer tab; Visual Basic Editor (VBE)
- Record & Run a Macro
- Using Google to locate VBA code
- Using Sample Code Snippets -Merging 100s of workbooks/worksheets in one, Splitting worksheets into multiple workbooks, Creating index of hyperlinks to worksheets
To be able participate in the above program, participants are expected to have prior knowledge of –
- Basic Sort & Filter; SUM(), MAX(), MIN(), AVERAGE(), Basic VLookup
- Freeze Panes, Add/Delete Rows/Columns/WorkSheets
- Join our free video course (50+ videos). Click Here
Other topics available on request: Solver Add In, Financial Formulas, OFFSET(), CHOOSE(), Array formulas, Advanced Charts (thermometer, 2 axis, combination etc.), 3-D Data Consolidation, Multi-Variable Sensitivity Analysis with Data Table (Data Table combined with Indirect() and range naming), Formula-based Conditional Formatting, Form Controls – Scroll Bar