Financial Modeling with Excel is a Classroom Training Program. It will help you to realize the Career Opportunities in the field of Corporate Finance, Credit Rating, Equity Research, Investment Banking and Project Finance.
Financial Modeling is one of the best and most widely used skills in the finance industry. It is the craft of building a model to depict financial statements and investment analysis using MS Excel.
Financial Modeling can help arrive at optimal business solutions by analyzing various parameters. By the time you’re done with Financial Modeling, you’ll be in a position to complete the job of building a model depicting financial statements/business model, which assists in decision making and help in careers.
Financial Modeling Training Mumbai, Delhi, Gurgaon, Chennai, Bangalore & Pune.
Financial Modeling at Excel Next stands out for Financial Modeling Training. It aims to make the professionals understand from Revenue Buildup Models to Building Iterative Calculation for Interest.
Financial Modeling Training
Excel-based Financial Modeling Training (Greenfield Hydro Power Project) – 2 Days
FAST™ Modelling Standard: Fast Standard – a set of rules on the structure and detailed design of spreadsheet-based models. (Flexible, Structured, Appropriate and Transparent).
- Mini-caselets will be used to explain the concept of Flags, Circularity Switch, scenario building formulas and logic building Excel functions
- One case study will be taken up to explain the general linkages between Assumptions, Working Schedules, Income Statement, Balance Sheet and Cash Flow Statement. This will ensure that the model is correctly integrated.
- A full blown Financial Model (Greenfield Hydro Power Project) will be taken up – refer Annexure
Specific areas for modeling program:
This requires special attention and will be covered as a part of the financial modelling program
- Assumptions build-up (Project Start Date, Gestation Period, Project Commissioning Date etc.)
- Accommodating project delays
- Upfront capex in a phased manner
- Building automated timeline (FY)
- Timing and Event activation Flags (True/False)
- Operation Start Flag
- Operation Continued Flag
- Operational Year sequence counter
- Loan Repayment Flag
- Revenue Buildup (PPA / Merchant Sale) with YoY escalation in prices
- Capex Schedule (The journey from Capex > CWIP > PPE or Gross Fixed Assets) + Expense projection
- Use of BASE Analysis (Beginning, Addition, Subtraction, Ending)
- Amortization/Depreciation schedule
- Building depreciation calculations that stop after the book balance is fully depreciated
- Interest during Construction (IDC) – to be capitalized
- Hard Capex vs. Soft Capex (IDC)
- Dividing Interest accrued between IDC and P/L in the year of start of operation
- Waterfall Structure of funding
- Equity drawdown, followed by Debt and Govt Grant
- Incorporating Revolver Balance & Minimum Cash Balances
- Debt schedules & repayment
- Working Capital schedule & Linkages
- Building iterative calculation for Interest
- Incorporating circularity switch to build a fail-safe mechanism in case iteration leads to irreversible errors
- Ratios and KPIs: IRR, NPV, Debt Service Coverage Ratio, Interest Coverage Ratio, Asset Turnover Ratio, other standard ratios
- Others: What If Analysis (Sensitivity analysis), Relevant Shortcuts in Financial Modeling
- IDC – When does it start and end, accounting treatment, connection with the circularity
- Timeline change can be yearly/quarterly/monthly
- Loan repayment (also know as debt sculpting) – Annuity, Equal principal, Bullet payment (ZCB), moratorium period consideration, balloon payment.
- Aspect of ‘checks and balances’ to ensure the model being built is error free
- Calculation of levelised tariff
- Coal based thermal generation plant: Primary and secondary fuel calculation- SHR, GCV, specific consumption PLF and energy generation calculation, etc
- Gross Calorific Value (GCV) or Higher Heating Value (HHV) and Net Calorific Value (NCV)or Lower Calorific Value (LHV), heat rate
In the Financial Modeling Training:
You’ll be able to build fully linked and dynamic financial models from scratch for several different industry Types also you’ll be able to:
- Be able to Build the key business assumptions and learn Formulas to build the drive the forecast
- Create the balance sheet, cash flow and income statement for the entire forecast period
- Be able to perform the Scenario Analysis of Business and Investment Opportunity
- Build Dynamic Charts and graphs for Presentation
- Work on Dashboards and Various Data Visualization Techniques
- Learn the most essential Shortcuts of advanced Excel formulas and functions
- Master financial modeling best practices from beginner to advanced Level
The Job market has become really Competitive. You need to be really Productive to be in the Competition. Get the Tips and Training for Financial Modeling and Valuation Courses which you needed. This will help you Boost your Confidence and increase your chances to be a part of any Organization. Get the Financial Modeling Certificate from Excel Next and prove your Financial Modeling Skills.
You can also hire us for Advanced Excel Training, we provide our training in Mumbai, Delhi. Gurgaon, Bangalore, Pune, Chennai.
Please look what people are talking about us : Corporate Success Stories
We provide financial modeling training in Delhi, Mumbai, Gurgaon, Chennai, Bangalore etc. We are also doing training with top big companies for financial modelling.